Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Car and the 40


We checked out this Ford Focus on Tuesday and liked it. So next week sometime we will be sporting around Ford style. I never thought I would own a Ford. You know because of the whole "Found On Road Dead" thing. What was the other one? Fix... something something Daily? Well that's got me knocking on wood. I hope it will be a trouble free car.






I also think I will be getting this snazzy bike rack. Hopefully my bike won't be haunted by the ghost freeride bikes. Or that my little car won't feel like it should be more like a Jeep Cherokee. No more fighting to get the bike in the back or the stinky mess. Plus it will be more aero for gas mileage and it folds down. But the new car has 4 doors so I don't think I will have to access the trunk too much with the bikes on.

I thought I would be doing the Hampshire 100 on the 16th but because of the entry fee ($115) and the drive (3+ hours) I decided that the Dark Horse 40 will be my race. The guys down there know how to put on a race and personally invited me to race. Plus if I win the single speed class I would get $200! This is exactly what I've been talking about. The big pay off. If only all races could be done like the guys from Dark Horse Cycles.

Oh ya and if I am the fastest single speeder out there they will give me a new Niner fork of my color choice.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you just convinced me not to do the Hampshire 100 and to come down to the DH40 instead.

    Pretty sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on down Thom! It will be your pay back for singlespeedapalooza! Maybe the niner fork comes in Pink! That would be so sick on your superfly!
    Good luck this weekend at GG. Glad you found someone to complete your Tower of Power. You guys are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be so sick on your superfly!

    ___________________
    Julie
    Get easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be your pay back for singlespeedapalooza! Maybe the niner fork comes in Pink! That would be so sick on your superfly!

    --
    Jhon
    Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV

    ReplyDelete