Thursday, March 5, 2009

My new trainer. Finally. And Puke stories.

Here it is the answer to my prayers for training in New England.
Actually I'm going to use this to grind rice into flour. I'm not kidding. We have a hand mill and grind brown rice into flour for bread. It's just a pain to grind enough flour for one loaf. (Another pain in the ass for being Gluten free.) It should cut the time in half. I just have to figure out how to rig it up to make it work.

I got sick last Friday night. After tacos for dinner Jesse and I caught a movie in Torrington. "He's just not that into you" I liked it. Half way through I was getting some stomach cramps and just thought I would tough it out until the movie was over. Of course the movie dragged on and I was getting worried that I was going to blow chunks all over the nice middle aged couple in front of us.
Within the last two years I have witnessed 3 pukings at the movies. The first time I was at the urinal when this kid didn't make it to the toilet and chicken and rice was what he had for dinner. I had no were to run. I wasn't even finished. I just had to deal with the noise and the smell. The second time I was in the bathroom again and another young kid opened the door and let it all come out. I just washed my hands and though "Why Me?" I had to look down at it so I could gauge my jump over the thresh hold. And the last time someone was coming out of the movie "Cloverfield" It must have been all of the jumpy camera shit. This time I was in the clear. I was way down the hall.
So back to my story. I had Jesse drive home. It wasn't long after I got home that it happened. I was so sick. I thought I died next to the toilet. Every heave felt like I was turning my insides out. I heard ringing in my ears and I almost passed out. That sucked. I couldn't keep anything down. The next day I had a fever and chills. At one point Jesse brought me some rice water to eat (that's all I could handle) and she had to spoon it into my mouth. She was really good to me and I really owe her one. She nursed me back to health. I'm so thankful for her. What a way to spend your weekend. I took Monday off and Jesse stayed home because of the snow. Three days in a row I was on my back. That might have helped my legs to recover from all the abuse I've been handing them.

I went skiing tonight after work. This was tricky to get through.

I saw a beaver
I was trying to get a good picture of this beaver but the sun was in my eyes and it was hard to get a clear shot. This was the best I could do. I can tell that I'm becoming more of a New Englander- I had the camera ready to take a nice silhouette shot but I only had it's back so I stomped my ski and yelled "Hey Beaver!" It didn't budge. So I waited patiently until I could take it no more. I moved backwards and then it dove into the water. Then I said "asshole!"
What is wrong with me? Here I am enjoying nature la de da and then I have to swear at a beaver. It must be this long winter getting to me.

Catlin woods was really nice.
I saw three Owls fly over.


  1. Who wouldn't be envious of where you live? I'm glad that you're feeling better. Doesn't a week off the bike feel nice?

  2. The beaver story was funny!! :o)
    You were smiling when I was feeding you--I know you could have done it yourself, naughty boy! ;o)
    Love you!

  3. I too have been puked on. A man let forth a deluge of regurgitated fried dough and beer on my eight year old head at a Bluegrass festival at Edaville Railroad.

    For some inexplicable reason I have never cared for Bluegrass music.