Friday, June 12, 2009

Selma project



Box-O-Stuff.

Team shirt and bar tape

I met Charlie out at Nassahegan State forest last night and had a sweet ride in the misty rain. Charlie was riding awesome! The slick conditions made it really fun. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun in the wet slippery stuff. I skipped a skinny bridge section that he rolled down. I just couldn't trust the slime coated wood. He's the man! All 137 pounds! He also hooked me up with a bunch of tires, Handlebar, stem, Salsa T-shirt, and seat post for my new ride. Charlie said,"the t-shirt is for the podium." I don't know about that, but you never know.

" Broken"-in saddle from my MTB will now grace my Cross Bike


This Saddle is really hard on the old butt. Specialized makes 2 different size seats of this kind and I was given this larger saddle. The "cut-out" is brutal. It's like sitting on 2 skinny rails. I've tried moving it to all different positions and my hands still go numb on long rides. When it dawned on me that I could use my mtb saddle I was stoked. I'm looking forward to this weekends century ride now. At the beginning of the week I saw the weather forecast and thought that I wouldn't get any ride time in. But the rain held off for Wednesday and I was able to get out with Josh for and incredible road ride down to the Housatonic Race and back. 70+ miles and held a 19.5 average.











1 comment:

  1. Nass. is super fun! I love that place.
    I don't know about that bar tape, I think you need purple/grey/white.

    ReplyDelete